JOCHEN SCHUEMANN - Class President
Jochen Schuemann is a German sailor and Olympic champion.
He competed in the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal, where he won a gold medal in the Finn class. Schümann competed in the Soling class at the 1988, 1996 and 2000 Summer Olympics, winning two gold medals and one silver medal in this class. He took part in and won the 2003 and 2007 America's Cup for the Swiss Team Alinghi acting as sporting director.
In 1996 he received the World Sailor of the Year Award from the International Sailing Federation.
ANDREW YATES - Class Chief Measurer
Chief Measurer for the Swan 45 & 60 and ClubSwan 50 Classes.
Class Measurer for the J Class.
RORC Rating Office Technical Consultant.
Naval Architect & Build Project Manager.
ARIANE MAINEMARE - International Race Officer
Medcup Technical Coordinator & Race Committee Medcup 2007- 2011
International Race Committee - Superyacht Cup, Les Voiles de St. Tropez, J80 Worlds & European Championships, Princess Sofia Trophy, ORC Worlds & Europeans, PalmaVela and Copa del Rey, International Match Race since 2010
CLASS RULES AND MEASUREMENT CERTIFICATES
- ClubSwan 50s are measured and certified at the yard in conjunction with the build
- All components are certified, with reference points on the hull and appendages
- The Class Rules were presented at the Class Meeting in January 2017
- The ClubSwan 50 Class will apply for World Sailing recognition in August 2017
- World Rankings
Each ClubSwan 50 will have its own ranking based on the results achieved in any regatta
- Results will be weighted accordingly, with Class events ranking highest
2017 SWAN ONE DESIGN RACING PROGRAMME
- Sail Racing PalmaVela, 3-7 May
- Giraglia Rolex Cup, 11-13 June
- 36 Copa del Rey MAPFRE, 29 July - 5 August
- The Nations Trophy, 10-14 October
Any event in which a ClubSwan 50 races, anywhere in the world, will generate a ranking.
THE NATIONS TROPHY 2017
The Nations Trophy is being launched this year and will become a biennial, focal event in the world of Swan One Design activity. The first edition will be held in Palma de Mallorca from 10 – 14 October 2017, with the plan to run the 2019 edition in USA, the 2021 edition in UK and the 2023 event in Asia. The inaugural Nations Trophy is open to all ClubSwan 50s, Swan 45s and ClubSwan 42s. The Trophy will be awarded to the nation which has the lowest combined points overall. This score is based on the results of each nation’s top two boats across the entire fleet. The Nations Trophy 2017 is the culmination of the Swan One Design European season and will also serve to determine the Swan 45 World Championship, plus the ClubSwan 50 and Swan 42 European Championships.
For more info, browse: www.thenationstrophy.com
2018 SWAN ONE DESIGN RACING PROGRAMME
- Swan OD Spring Championship/Regatta – Yacht Club de Monaco , end of March, begin of April in Monaco
- Sail Racing Palmavela – Real Club Nautico de Palma, first week of May, In Palma de Mallorca
- Giraglia Rolex Cup – Yacht Club Italiano, 2 week of June , in St Tropez
- Copa del Rey - Real Club Nautico de Palma, first week of August, in Palma de Mallorca
- Thomas International Regatta (STIR) March 22 – March 25 2018
- Les Voiles de St. Barts April 10 – April 16 2018
- NYYC Annual Regatta June 8 – June 10 2018
- NYYC Race Week Part II July 11 – July 13 2018
- Edgartown Race Week July 19 – July22 2018